Friday, January 20, 2012

And were off!

Well it is safe to say that day number 1 went pretty well!! After thinking through things last night I realized that I was going to be able to get things done. As long as I keep a positive attitude through the good times and bad things are going to work out!!

Today was hard to follow the plan! Not because I didn't like the food, but because I didn't have any of the foods I needed in my house!! Ooops!! Kinda important Molly!! I got home late last night and then had to get up this morning and go to a meeting and then work!!!

I had some eggs in my fridge that I put in the microwave with a few red and green peppers. I cooked them in the microwave for way too long! I tried a few bites and they just weren't edible!! FAIL! My plan also suggested having a piece of wheat toast (had none), yogurt (just ran out yesterday), and fruit (check). Well there goes breakfast!! Not to self....make sure to have plenty of options!!

Lunch was the same. I didn't have any of the proper food in the house. I ventured over to Jason's Deli to see what they had. I can report that I found something that follows the plan!!! My lunch plan was to have 4oz protein, 2 veggies, 1 fruit, and 1 fat. I got a Mediterranean wrap with turkey, red pepper hummus, cucumbers, tomatoes, and lettuce!! The meal was only 320 calories! Success!!!

Snack times went well! I did have some cheese and protein around!! Then came dinner....well not to (start) make any excuses but 1) I still hadn't been able to go grocery shopping and 2) one of my dear friends turned 30 today so we went out to dinner!! This was def hard. I know I did not do the best job of sticking to my plan. The restaurant we picked did not have the best of options. Lesson learned, when going to dinner make sure to pick a places that has options for me to follow!!

Despite the lack of food, I felt that if I had the proper things I would have done a good job today. First to do in the AM.....grocery shopping!!

Tomorrow should be better!!

My good friend Ginnie and I made plans for this next week to go to the gym!! We planned three days together and are going to do a swim class, cycle class, and muscle class. Very excited!! Thanks Deaton :)

Not sure if I mentioned this but my sister is going to send me a motivational quote each day. Her first quote was "Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can" This was a PERFECT quote for the first day. I feel that in the past all of would do is say why I can't. With a new change in attitude I know that I need to keep saying CAN, CAN, CAN!!

Her second fun quote was from Ellen DeGeneres "You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is." I love this quote!! Ellen is one of my favorite actresses. Plus it goes to show that it is NEVER too late to start!!!

Summary:
-Make sure house is properly stocked with the right food choices
-Plan ahead when going out for a meal
-Word of the day is CAN!

1 comment:

  1. Molly, I love the quote! I needed that this morning as I am feeling like I don't want to run and I am supposed to. You did awesome yesterday!Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete