Monday, May 7, 2012

Where is the time?

For all you runners/super active people out there, I have a question for you. With having a job, and life events how do you find time to get in a workout? I feel like I need a personal running assistant to look at my schedule with all my events and tell me to run here or that I have time there for a run! Life is crazy!

After my awesome run with C on Tuesday, I am ashamed to say that I haven't run run since then! On Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday I had almost 2 hour tennis matches! Great! Right? My mind is thinking many things! Thumbs up to me or getting some exercise! But is playing tennis really going to help me prepare for my 5k?

The race is 26 days away! Ahhhhh! I am worried I am not doing enough! How do I find time when I feel like my calendar is booked with so many other events. This weekend my best friend got married and I was booked to the max. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday were booked to the max. No run then :( As someone who is not accustomed to making running a priority, how do I start?

I have tried the get up before work thing, I hit snooze a lot! My break at work is so early in the morning and there would be nowhere to shower. Do I really want to be sweaty and smelly? (even though some students are). After work is the best time (here comes the excuses) but I tutor and have tennis and get tired! I need to find another way to motivate!

This is going to be a weird comment but I wish I had a friend that was in the exact spot I am in so I could have someone to join me at all times! I need to clone myself! Don't get me wrong, I have a million and one friends that are offering to run with me but I feel like I do them a disservice by dragging them along my slow path.

No one told me about the mental games I would be playing with myself! It's time to get even more serious!

At the wedding this weekend I felt so pretty in my dress and was all dolled up! However I looked at some of the pictures and I was ashamed! I thought I looked horrible!!! (I'm typing on my phone so I will post a picture later). People say to use a bad picture as motivation! Well I think I just found 50 of them!

After school I am going on a run! I am going to do the 3.1 miles and use the new map my run app that my sister an AA informed me of! I hope to post after the run to let you know how it went! Till then send me your positive thoughts :)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the mind games. It can be hard, but it is a battle that you can win! You will come up with a million excuses why you shouldn't run, but evaluate if those are just excuses or legitimate reasons.

    It def sounds like a busy weekend, but instead of seeing where you can fit in running...schedule the running and see how everything else can fit in!

    Be careful not to over-do it at the beginning, but definitely try to get in a good routine. There will be a lot of trial and error to see what works best!

    So if you are running tonight - try and do two more times this week. Do you have tennis Wed/THurs again? If you want to run tonight - do M/W/F or M/Th/Sat. That means getting up on Wed or Thursday before work, but if you schedule it a few days ahead of time, you can prepare for it! If you run on Friday - bring you clothes to work and do it right after! Or schedule a fun route with a friend over the weekend in the morning!

    It'd be great to have a clone to motivate you - but for the long term the motivation will come from inside! It won't be fun and long-lasting if the only reason you are doing it is because someone is dragging you. You'll want to be able to get up and just go do it! You can totally do this Mollz! Baby steps! You are doing great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are beautiful, don't forget that. And while I am NOT a morning person, today I actually did manage to get up and do a 30 minutes run before work. It's amazing to know I have my entire evening free now. Maybe aim to do half of your workout before school/tennis and the other half after ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great question about managing time! The 'theory' would say to make sure you work on the 'important' things before the 'urgent (schedule driven or imposed on you).' Since you've decided the 5K is important to your health you need to drop off some of the other things...of course that is the hard part. If only 'theory' and 'practice' were always the same things.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete