Friday, May 11, 2012

BREAKING NEWS! First goal accomplished!

Yesterday I embarked on my second run with Cori! I was excited to run with her today. I know I know, I can't believe I thought that either. After feeling confident about my first solo run, I was excited to see how I would fair today! Before we started I asked if we could run the opposite way just because I didn't want to run by the spots I made it to last time.

We started running and it felt great! My pace was good! So good in fact that I ran for 1 mile (13 minutes) without stopping!!!!! WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I was so excited. Never before in my life had I ever run a mile without stopping. This accomplishment feels amazing! I am so proud of myself. Knowing that I can do one mile only means that two, three, and four are not far behind!

Throughout the rest of the run Cori continued to push me. She would let me rest for one minute (maybe two depending on how I did before). I would run and then when I needed a break I would tell Cori pick a spot to stop. That way she knew I was going to need a little break and I had a stopping point in mind!

As We were nearing the end of the run she informed me we were almost done, and all I had to do was make it up the hill. Ummmm did you just say hill? She did! Little did I know by running the opposite way as last time there was a hill at the end of the run! No wonder she didn't put up a fight when I asked to go the opposite way! She knows those route like the back of her hand! I should have known that! Anyway I went into the hill ready to conquer it. I had just run a full mile so there was no way that a "little" hill was going to stop me. In the end I had conquered the hill and my run.

Yesterday we ran 3.14 miles for 48 minutes with a pace of 15:25. I almost knocked a whole minute off my run!

I had another strange feeling after my run. I felt excited to run again on Saturday! Crazy right? I never would have thought that I could get excited about running! Tomorrows run is going to be good because I know I will be able to make it to the one mile mark on that run!

I am so thankful that Cori came to BCES! I know it has only been two sessions, but she has already inspired me so much. During the runs she makes me not want to give up and keep going. Cori helps me not think about the fact that I am running which helps get me through! She is inspiring me to work hard everyday, and not just the days I am with her!

I feel excited to run and I have really been watching what I eat. I am not drinking alcohol, soda, and coffee (minus my Friday stops). Tonight I am going to do a muscle class and beginners yoga class at the Y!

Everyday I get up I feel stronger! A big thanks to my sister who loves to listen to me and is so encouraging! I wish we lived closer because this would be a fun thing to do together! I am sure when I am out there in July we will be doing lots of fun things together!

I also want to thank all my family and friends for the constant flow of encouraging words and support. Near and far, it means a lot and keeps me going!

Have a great weekend!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Amazing accomplishment Molls! Be so proud!!!! Love hearing you are excited for the next run too! Awesome with the food and drinks too! That will make such a difference! You dropped a whole minute off your mile pace right? That is amazing!!
    Keep it up! So happy! Can't wait for July! You are gonna kick Wash Parks a$$!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very exciting to hear about the progress and to get the sense of energy around progress! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete