Sunday, February 19, 2012

Southwestern Chicken

My house smells so good right now!!!! I wish I could attach something that demonstrates how good it smells.

This was one of the easiest receipes to make!!!!! All you need is two cans of corn, one can black beans, jar of salsa, chicken, and cheese.

Drain the corn and beans and place in slow cooker with 1/2 cup salsa. Add chicken halves in and cover with remaining salsa.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours. Add cheese for the last 5 min and presto....Southwest Chicken!!! Each serving is 300 calories. I added some brown rice and I thought some mexican rice would also taste yummy!!!

Such and easy receipe and yummy!! While corn is probably not the best option it tastes yummy. Usually I am not a fan of black beans but they sure did taste good in this dish. Enjoy :)

2 comments:

  1. I love black beans, I will cook you my fav black bean dish. You'll become a believer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I don't like black beans either...but don't mind them in this either. I think it is because mom used to stink up the house with her Black Beans and Rice dish...YUCK

    ReplyDelete