Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I was stressed today so I decied to....

2011-Eat, eat, eat
2012-The gym!!

Big step today!! Instead of grabbing food and sitting in front of the TV, I went to the gym and tortured myself with the bosu blast class again!! During class I was so focused on not falling off and keeping up that I didn't think anything about my day!! When I got home I made dinner and thought of how proud of myself I was!!

I would definitely characterize myself as a stress/emotional eater. Now I am calling myself a stress gymer!! It felt so good to let out some steam. The class was a big help as I didn't have to think about what exercise to do. There was someone else there to show me what to do. In this situation I think it helped to have a class tonight.

(Sorry if this post rambles. I am trying to type during the commercials of Glee!)

What are your thoughts? What do you do to let stress out?

Plan is still holding strong. This weekend was not quite where it should be, but I didn't eat as bad as I used to. My problem this weekend was I didn't really balanced the diet out. I slacked on the fruits and veggies. Saturday night was our staff party and I had a healthy dinner before hand and then only 1 cake pop! Since I ate before hand I didn't find the need to eat just to eat at the party!! Wahoooooo

Superbowl Sunday had to be the one exception!! My team, the Giants, were in it and I was going to celebrate!!! I cooked a Palermo pizza which has a thinner crust and whole wheat which means less calories. I made some tomato, mozzarella, basil, and low fat balsamic. Using my crock pot I cooked cream cheese potato soup. At 220 calories per serving it was amazing!!!!!!!! The fridge has been stocked with random beers so I told everyone they had to help me get rid of them. I indulged in a few wheat beers just to help out the cause :) Overall I keep my portion sizes down. Too much of my time was spent pacing back and forth that I didn't have time to eat!

Cream Cheese Potato Soup
5 medium potatoes diced fine
1 small onion, chopped,
1 cup ham, diced
1 8oz. package low fat cream cheese
1 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp black pepper and dill weed
3 cups water

Combine all ingredients in crock pot and cook on high for 4 hours. If you need to make the soup thicker you can add a little more cream cheese! This is a yummy recipe and I highly recommend it!!

Quote of the day: "You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."

Sunday Quote: "The elevator to success is out of order. You'll have to use the stairs....one step at a time. "

February 4th: "Can it be a mistake that 'STRESSED' is 'DESSERTS' spelled backwards?" This one should really be the quote of the day as in the past that is what I would have turned to!!!

My favorite quote of the past few days from the lovely AA is "Everyday is a GIANT step forward!!" I had to add to colors :)

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! I was saying I needed a quote for the day and he just came up with it! I think it hurt a little after the game :-)

    Soup sounds yummy!

    Great job going to the class rather than snacking!! Keeps your mind off things :-)

    Doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Molly!! It is so hard not to grab food when I am feeling stressed. I know exactly how you feel. I love the elevator quote!

    ReplyDelete